What We Can Do Together
The world has abundant reserves of oil and natural gas that can help us meet our current and future global energy needs. We know that we must continue to improve the safety and environmental safeguards of oil and gas exploration and at the same time, increase access to the energy that is critical to economic health and quality of life. Geophysical technology enables oil and gas companies to reduce risk as they find, drill and produce oil and gas in a safe and environmentally conscientious way.
Visit these sites to learn more:
- Adventures in Energy, an Interactive Look at Oil and Gas (An API resource)
- Chevron’s Video on How Seismic Imaging Works, March 2010
- Citizens for Affordable Energy
- Energy In Depth
- Essential Energy Education
- How Stuff Works: How Oil Drilling Works
- Interactive Games and Ideas for Learning About Energy in the Classroom
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists: Reflections in the Field
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists: What is Geophysics?
Visit these sites for more information on how to take action: